Sunday, June 30, 2013

Self Defense

Last night, after the Tactical Ops game, I had a nice conversation with Eric and Trevor. One of my favorite things about attending period is getting to hang with people afterwards whether we're talking, joking around or grabbing a bite to eat. It was especially nice to have a good hour and a half conversation, because it didnt end in a shootout as they are on the other team from me in this game of  Assassin.

Maybe 20 minutes after the game ended, I was walking with them to Eric's car when I suggested a "gentleman's agreement" with "no Assassin sh!t" for the duration of us hanging out. They agreed and we stood around and talked at Eric's car for nearly an hour, before he offered to give me a lift home. (prior to this, I had gotten a text or two from Sargun asking if I needed a ride. Beth, who is on my team, alerted me that Sargun seemed a little fixated on my transport options) Once driving, we came across Arthur, one of my teammates and the guy we assumed to be their target, by complete random chance. He was driving with his friends who had just attended my game and Trevor started bellowing at him to roll down his windows. Arthur said no dice and while Eric tailed him for a little while, he decided not to give full chase. It was a little weird being with the enemy as they tried to hit my teammate, but a ride is a ride so I didnt really do anything about it.

Once we got to my place, we sat and talked for another 20 minutes, but I realized it was nearing 12am and I was out of the grace period. It didnt stop me from leaving the car door wide open for maybe 10 minutes. In a Cinderella-esque display, I decided to rush home in the final minutes before midnight. As I was saying goodbye to them for the fourth time, guess who gives Eric a ring?

Mr. Sargun Dhillon.

I decided I really needed to get home and set off. I was still not really paying attention when I got through our metal gate, but as I opened the door into my building and thus safe hood, I  looked over my shoulder and saw the above mentioned Mr. Dhillon with a Triad and a big ass grin on his face. He took a shot, but by that time I had already crossed the threshold and was safe.

I ran inside and loaded my Strongarm.  I realized I left my keys in the door and had to go back to the gate to get them. While still in the safe zone, Sargun re-appeared and asked what I was up to for the night. I said I was gonna go hang out with my girlfriend Courtney who was upstairs. He said that I should get her to come out with us, to which I replied she was already in bed. He said "see ya later" and left, but not before Ben, my teammate and co-host of the game just hours previous, popped out of nowhere and said hi. I was a little befuddled but I went back inside just the same.

Being the dodgy bastard that I am, I pretended to go upstairs. I waited about 20 seconds and went out to metal gate outside and saw Sargun and Ben walking down the street away from my apartment. Sargun didn't seem on edge, so I slipped out of the gate quietly and ran him down.

I let two darts go, which flew into deep shadows, leaving me unsure if he was hit. When I got closer, I tried again but the dart curved right and away. Being so close to Sargun, I barrel tapped him in the chest and ended his nerf life. He pulled out either a phone/walkie talky and alerted someone that I killed him. When I saw the phone, I thought "oh crap, there's more of them?" and jetted for my door. Before I tapped him, Sargun thought my blaster had jammed, so when I reached the gate he asked me if my Strongarm was loaded. At a safe enough distance I pulled out the remaining darts as evidence and went back inside, with Ben giving me a thumbs up.

I called Trevor, said I just killed Sargun and asked if they had set me up. Trevor said that he was still under the impression it was Arthur who was the target, but because he had been pretty out of the loop lately he may have been wrong. Eric, similarly caught up with non-nerf pursuits (having a life is overrated) was similarly not as connected to what was going on Assassin wise.  Eric said he had only heard from Sargun as I was leaving and didn't know about the ambush. I lived, so in the end it didn't really matter.

Safe and sound inside, I texted Ben and asked what he was doing with the enemy. Ben lives down in Daly City, so he said he traded silence for a lift home. Having done exactly the same thing 30 minutes prior, I was really couldn't say anything. Such is the life of Assassins I guess.
add another to the list 

No comments:

Post a Comment